Friday, March 6, 2015

Day 12

The hardest part about dieting is saying “No” to myself all the time. 
Wednesday night I had my last Diet Mountain Dew.  I’m trying to go on in life without that delicious nectar of the Gods.  I’m going to miss it!  It’s soooo bad for me tho so I really need to say “No” to it and move on to healthier options.
Right now I have a caffeine withdrawal headache going on.  I hope it doesn’t take too long to pass but it could.  I’ve been using caffeine as a daily staple in my diet for many years now so it could take some time for my system to clear.
Yesterday, day one of NO DIET DEW future, we had an employee appreciation luncheon at work.  I walked in the room and saw a 2 ltr of Diet Dew sitting there.  Today Angie admitted she’d gotten that because she knew I drank it and it’d get drunk.  Well, it won’t be drunk by me.  L  I had 2 tacos for lunch.  I did not have pop.  I did not have a cookie for dessert.  I said “No”.
Today is Friday, AKA donut day at this place.  I allow myself my Friday donut.  It’s one of the things that bring me joy in life!  Plus Penelope ate the last of my Belvita cookies.  I need to get more of those. 
Then at lunch today, I put my lunch in the microwave and looked at the display of donuts, chocolates, leftover candy bars from this whole employee appreciation thing they’ve been doing all week (I’ve gotten candy every day – I’ve also eaten it – I lack self control).  I picked up a Mounds bar and put it on my napkin.  I read the news while my food heated.  I got everything together to take back to my desk but I finally paused.  I put the Mounds bar back.  I couldn’t!  My diet is working despite my not behaving strictly to the code!  I love that my weight is going down.  Much as I want that Mounds bar, it’s not worth stalling my weight reduction.  It’s happening and I felt good about that this morning when I got on the scale. 
I finally have something happening to help offset my feelings of deprivation.  They are there and will be but now I wear my belt tighter and it’s comfortable.  Now my scale # is decreasing.  My clothes feel a bit looser.  It’s been hard won.  I can’t stop now!

No comments:

Post a Comment