Friday, January 15, 2016

1 week in!

Yeah, I'm starting the diet thing again.  My goal is to lose 30 lbs by mid-June, when I walk my daughter down the aisle at her wedding.  I lost 3 pounds during my first week!  I'm doing the Weight Watchers diet since that worked for me last time.

Here are a few thoughts after this first week:

*  I'm only going to step on the scale on weigh in days.  This past week I stepped on the scale and at times it showed I'd lost 4 lbs so by the time I got to my official weigh in, I found myself bummed with the progress of 3 lbs.  In reality it probably means I had a good bowel movement back on that 4 lb day so I should just get over it.  Or start taking a lot of fiber laxatives.  That could get ugly.

* Donuts aren't worth it!  The first day I had a Friday office donut (tradition) and ended up with only 9 points left by supper time.  I had an uncomfortable first day.  This week ALL of my days have been somewhat uncomfortable (when will my tummy adjust?) so adding to it was a BAD IDEA.

*  Fear of looking bad in wedding pictures, so far, is a better motivator for weight loss than my health is.  I'm rather disappointed in myself about that.

The next phase is to add in exercise.  I suspect my body is starting to figure out what I'm doing and will slow my metabolism to fight the impending weight loss so I'll need to make another shift to fight back.

I believe my body does this!  It does NOT like letting go of weight that it has gained!  It's just trying to protect itself but the thing is, if only it would trust me, it would understand that I'm not going to starve it (despite the fact that I ate breakfast a bit ago and my tummy still feels really hungry), I'm trying to make it healthier!

So starting tomorrow, it's time to begin the 28 day fitness challenge!  So here's to hoping I don't strain anything or throw my back out!

Let week 2 begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment